Saturday, September 4, 2010

Welcome to My Blog!

I have been reading blogs of many others for years, so with the encouragement of my friends and colleagues I decided it was time to take the plunge and begin writing my own. I hope you will stop by and leave me a comment from time to time. I will begin by introducing myself to you.

I am a college professor, wife, and mother of four. I have been a Disney cast member and am an avid Disney fan for many years. In 2006, I wanted to create something extra special for Disney fans like myself. I wanted a Disney online community that was unlike the larger, more impersonal boards I had been involved with. It was out of this desire that Walt's Basement was born.

Walt's Basement truly is something special. I have met Disney fans and made friends from all over the world through our web site since it's inception. Walt's Basement has a group of committed Board Members and VoluntEars who contribute daily, finding and sharing Disney news and views, but it is much more than that. Walt's Basement is a friendly community whose mission it is to share Disney magic based on the ideals of Walt Disney himself. We frequently slip our members "Mickey's" (small gifts, pins, or post cards) just to make them smile. We have fun as a community both on and offline.

If you become a member of the Walt's Basement Forum (we call our members "Basementeers", by the way), you can expect a friendly greeting each day and a lot of opportunities for spreading pixie dust and magic. We share with one another and extend the invitation to all Disney fans to join us. We are not your average Disney fan site and we are not so large that you will feel lost or insignificant. Give us a try- I bet you will be glad you do.

I look forward to sharing with you in the years to come. I will share stories of my time as a Cast Member at Walt Disney World as well as share some insights into many Disney hobbies. This is the 10th year of Disney pin trading, so I will also be focusing many posts on that hobby which I have been a part of since day one.

Settle in, subscribe to me, and prepare for the ride. I am glad you are here. Leave me a comment or ask me a question- I can't wait to hear from you!

Mztress

No comments:

Post a Comment